The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the growth of industry in India. Young Indians (Yi), an integral part of the CII, is a forum of young progressive Indians between the age group of 21 and 40 years, and comprises of successful entrepreneurs, professionals and achievers from different walks of life. Yi works with a three-fold motto of “Youth Leadership”, “Nation Building” and “Thought Leadership” and provides a platform for young Indians to realise the goal of a developed nation.
Yuva is the student wing of Yi, which engages students to be a part of the nation building activities. Yi works with 86 institutions and 8500 students through its Yuva network. Extending the Yuva network further, the Ramanujan Yuva Chapter was initiated in the college in the year 2018. It engages a team of more than 100 registered student members from the college, and proactively synergizes them to participate in nation building activities. The various activities encourage and mobilize the students to foster the qualities of entrepreneurship, leadership, innovation and skill building.
The Ramanujan Yuva Chapter provides its members an opportunity to interact and network with successful entrepreneurs and professionals from diverse backgrounds. It provides a unique networking opportunity with peers across the country and worldwide, through an opportunity to participate in major Yi events, learning programs, youth conclaves etc.
Since its inception, Ramanujan Yuva Chapter has organized few events in the college:
- The Orientation program was organized on 11th October 2018. Dr. Sarthak Bakshi, CEO and co-founder of the International Fertility Centre, was invited as the chief guest on the occasion. Through his talk, he inspired the students with his risk taking capabilities and motivating story.
- A seminar on ‘Power Dressing and Personality Development’ conducted by Actor Sachin Khurana on 31st October 2018. He enlightened the students about the importance of body language, etiquettes and dressing style as important unspoken elements of communication.
- The students get a chance to participate and attend several industrial summits, conclaves and workshops organized by Yi, CII. Three students from Ramanujan Yuva Chapter got a chance to participate in 20th National Youth Leadership Camp held at Poornima University, Jaipur from 18th to 20th January 2019. It invited speakers from various parts of the country and domains of the corporal world. The camp comprised of industry visits, team building activities, brainstorming sessions and a lot of introspection.
- Provide increased opportunities for students to interact with leading entrepreneurs and professionals from diverse industries and occupations.
- Ensure effective participation of students in industrial visits, internships, projects, national camps, YI summits and cross chapter visits.
- Greater student participation in Ramanujan Yuva Chapter.