Ragging means any act, conduct or practice by which the dominant power or status of senior students is brought to bear on students freshly enrolled or students who are in any way considered junior or inferior by other students. It includes individual or collective acts or practices which
- involve physical assault or threat, and/or use of physical force;
- violate the status, dignity and honour of women students and the students belonging to the scheduled castes and tribes;
- expose students to ridicule and contempt and affect their self-esteem;
- entail verbal abuse and aggression, indecent gestures and obscene behaviour.
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited both within the College premises or any other part of the University of Delhi as well as on public transport. The directives of the University of Delhi, its Acts, Ordinances and the Guidance of the relevant orders of the Supreme Court of India will be strictly adhered to, in all matters related to ragging.
Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging constitute gross indiscipline and shall be dealt as per Ordinance XV- C of the University.
In case any student(s), who have obtained degrees of the University of Delhi, are found under this Ordinance committing an act or practice of ragging, he/she/they may be subjected under Ordinance XV to appropriate action for withdrawal of degrees conferred by the University. For the purpose of Ordinance XV, abetment of ragging will also amount to ragging.
The Anti-Ragging Committee is constituted every year which takes various precautionary measures to prevent ragging on the College campus. It ensures the implementation of all regulations of the UGC about curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions as per the directives of the honourable Supreme Court of India. The names of all the committee members along with their telephone numbers and emails are displayed at noticeable places in the College and on the College website. The complaint boxes are placed in the College at visible and strategic places. CCTV cameras installed in the College at various points, the constant vigil of male and female security guards and members of teaching/non-teaching staff, with due instructions from the Principal, taking rounds in the various locations of the College, has turned the College into a complete no ragging zone. Punishment of ragging is suspension or expulsion or cancellation of Degree or Penal Action.
Ragging Complaint Mechanism:
- Drop a written complaint in complaint box of College or to Convenor of the Anti-Ragging Committee.
- Call 24×7 National Anti-Ragging Helpline No. 1800-180-5522
- Call 100 or inform your nearest PCR van
- Inform the University Information Center (University of Delhi) at 155215 or 27006900 (Monday to Friday)
- Send e-mail at email@example.com
Members for 2019-20:
1. Mr. Jagannath Chaudhary, Convenor, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science (9953663083)
2. Mrs. Rachna Gupta, Associate Professor, Department of Commerce (8285210210)
3. Dr. Nagendar Pal, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce (8527119233)
4. Dr. Mohinder Paul, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce (9871150904)
5. Dr. Alok Ranjan Pandey, Assistant Professor, Department of Hindi (9540572211)
6. Mr. Arnav Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce (9711915250)
7. Mr. Sandeep Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics (9540082547)
8. Mr. Vikas Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of History (9015823480)
9. Dr. Z.A. Abbasi, Administrative Officer (011-26430191)