“PANACHE- The Fashion Society” of Ramanujan college which was named earlier as ‘GLAM -Fashion Society’ has achieved a lot of success within a very short span of time. As the name ‘Panache’ suggests, the society performs with confidence and elegance. The models of Panache embody beauty and style. They display their talent as they gracefully walk the ramp in designer dresses and glamorous makeup according to various unique themes.
RECENT PERFORMANCES AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF PANACE:
- The society had won Second prize at Pgdav college (evening), Delhi University. The members of society had also won the title of best male and female models.
- The society has performed in many cultural fests of Delhi university and various other colleges like Maitreyi college, Kamla Nehru College, College of Vocational Studies, Institute of Home Economics, LBSIM, MRIS, IIT Mumbai, IIT Guwahati, Amity University etc. and got few prizes.
- Their last performance was on the theme “DEVIL WEARS A PRADA” which focused on various tortures that women face in our society. They highlighted Rape Victims Acid Attack Victims, Domestic violence, Prostitution, LGBT Community, etc.
- The society has also performed in annual Techno-Cultural fest “Renaissance” in Jaipur Engineering College and Research Centre (JECRC) in 2018. It is one of the largest inter collegiate fest in Rajasthan.
THEMES OF PANACHE
Panache presents its fashion shows every year based on distinctive themes.
The themes of the previous years have been:
2014: BAD ROMANCE
2016: MASQUERADE & HELL AND HEAVEN
- The theme of the current year is “FEAR” which includes Androgyny, Body shaming, Fear of acceptance and Freedom of speech.
- A professional choreographer was also appointed this year.