Department of Political Science
The Department of Political Science is one of the oldest departments of the College. It was established in 1958 when the college began as Deshbandhu (Evening College), offering Political Science papers to B. A. (Pass) students. The Department began to offer Honors courses in Political Science from 1969 with a sanctioned strength of 40 students. Since the College was renamed Ramanujan College in 2010, and became a full-fledged morning college, the Department got the scope to expand its sphere of activities on a larger scale.
Educate, Empower and Lead: Creating Conscientious Citizens
The Department envisions creating a pool of public spirited and forward looking students who contribute towards positive social transformation leading to a more inclusive and egalitarian democratic society
To develop the ability to imagine beyond the given
- Foster holistic and skill-based development of the learners through interdisciplinary and multifaceted education;
- Enable the learners to critically assess and introspect issues around contemporary debates and develop a critical self-reflection concerning the life-world of our society;
- Sensitize the learners about socio-cultural diversity to shape an inclusive Indian democratic system;
- Nurture lifelong inspired learners with advanced socio-political knowledge in a digitally-driven and ever-changing world.
To make the learners future-ready through:
- Knowledge transmission;
- Imparting communication and problem-solving skills;
- Imparting democratic and ethical values;
- Honing leadership skills.
DEPARTMENTS QUICK LINKS