Department of Political Science
The Department of Political Science is one of the oldest departments of the College. It was established in 1958 when the college began as Deshbandhu (Evening College), offering Political Science papers to B. A. (Pass) students. The Department began to offer Honours course in Political Science from 1969 with a sanctioned strength of 40 students. Since the College was renamed Ramanujan College in 2010, and became a full-fledged morning college, the Department got the scope to expand its sphere of activities in a larger scale. Various programmes to engage the students and enhance their creativity and skills have been introduced, along with innovative methods of teaching.