The Department of Applied Psychology came into existence in 2013. It currently constitutes of over 80 students who are being effectively trained to develop their skills and knowledge in the area of Psychology. We boast of having diverse faculty who are trained in various domains of Psychology.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To become one of the premier undergraduate Psychology Departments in India by enabling young minds with knowledge and skills for personal, social, and community development.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Training for holistic development by nurturing the capacity to think critically, offering opportunities for value based decision making, and leading life in a relational world.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department has laid down the following specific educational objectives:
- To provide quality education in Psychology to the undergraduates.
- To train and prepare our students for careers in teaching, research and industry.
- To carry out these educational goals in the context of a research oriented department
founded on the principles of scholarly excellence, interdisciplinary collaboration
and wide ranging services.
OUTCOMES EXPECTED BY THE DEPARTMENT
We focus on preparing and training our students to possess the following skills and abilities:
- Robust understanding of fundamental psychological concepts and process.
- Conversant with the major theoretical aspects of psychology.
- Contextual understanding of human behaviour.
- Basic knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrate accurate listening skills, apply reflective skills in response to prompts, and use
probing questions effectively.
- To be able to understand the role of psychology in the society.
- Understanding of basic elements of professional ethics and responsibility.