Placement Cell is an integral part of Ramanujan College. It functions to ensure the best placements for the students graduating from Ramanujan College. In Ramanujan College recruiters on account of its excellent performance sustained over a long period of time and its strong brand image. To remain competitive in today’s world, being adapt in one area will not suffice. One has to be familiar with other domains too.
Spearheaded by able professionals with guidance from the Principal Sir and Faculty members, Placement Cell works round the year and closely coordinates with recruiting teams from leading corporate houses to make sure that every student get suitable openings once they finish their courses.
Placement Cell has a perfect understanding of how the corporate world works and this helps in organizing events and programs that provide avenues to the students to get exposed to the real world of work. At present there is a great demand for knowledgeable, talented and devoted people in the exposition .
Placement Cell provides assistance to students and ability to think out of the box as it conducts Webinars, Seminars, Workshops, Personality Development Program, Guest Lecturers etc. are regular affairs and the students get ample opportunities to closely interact with professionals from different industries.
Placement Cell also arranges In-house Training, Projects and Internships with corporate organizations so that the students may get a comprehensive industry orientation helpful in polishing their skills before they start their actual careers.
Aims & Objectives:
- Interact with the Corporate for Internship & Placement Activities.
- Promote close Industry-Institution relationship.
- Arrange Guest Lectures by the experts from industry.
- Arrange Soft Skills training programs for the students.
- Explore possibility of Industry partnership resulting in signing of MOU for long term & short term basis.
- Arrange both In Campus and Off Campus placement procedures.
- Prepare the data of students for all the academic years as desired by Corporate.
- Prepare the data bank of Corporate in Delhi NCR region and all over the country.
- Discuss the performance parameter with the experts from the industry after placement procedures are completed.
- Develop interactions with the departments, for: Any additional academic input to be given to students, as required by the corporate.
- Encourage the industry to support the project and laboratory training.
- To generate Entrepreneurship awareness amongst the students.
- To interact with Alumni.
Placement Cell keeps on inviting various industries and reputed organizations for campus recruitment drives. The talent acquisition at Ramanujan College is done through the following process:
Identifying opportunities in the organization
- Placement Cell contacts the organizations to find out their recruitment plan for the year. Alternately, the organizations intimate the Placement Cell about the available opportunities and appraise them of their skill set requirement in the form of job description through email or phone.
Identifying students as per the skill set required by the Organization
- Placement Cell matches the profile of the students visa vis skill set required by the organization. The shortlisted profiles were then sent to the organization for further short listing.
On Campus (Corporate Visit the Campus) or Off Campus (Students Visit the Corporate)
- On Campus or Off Campus been arranged, depending upon number of vacancies a corporate have for an open position.
The Pre-Placement Talk/Company Presentation is an opportunity for the students and the organization to interact with each other, to clearly understand the job requirements, company expectations and job profile offered.
- The organization is requested to give a pre-placement talk covering the following aspects:
- Overview of the company and its operations
- Detailed Job Description
- Skill set required/looking for in a candidate
- Nature & period of training/probation, if any
- Compensation package offered
- Selection procedure to be adopted (generally comprises of written test/Group Discussion/Personal Interview)
- After following the selection procedure, the corporate selects the students and offer letter been given to the students with the joining date
Communication process from Placement Cell
Students will be kept apprised about any placement related activities through following process:
- Through Notice.
- Through e-mail IDs provided to Placement Cell by the students.
- Through SMS alert.
- Through Department
Important Instructions for students:
- Student must keep a regular / frequent check with Notice Boards / Class Coordinators / E-mails / SMS.
- Student’s emails and SMS alerts are subject to the e-mail IDs and mobile numbers provided to Placement Cell by the students.
- Students are expected to inform Placement Cell about any change in mobile numbers and their email IDs for smooth communication.
Guidelines for Training and Placement activities:
- Transparency, fairness and equal opportunity to all are the hallmark of the placement process at the Ramanujan College.
- A letter of confirmation from the company about the date of interview will be displayed on the notice board. Students who are interested and fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the company are expected to give their name to the Placement Cell.
- The name once submitted to the Placement Cell for the selection process, will be considered final. Withdrawal and/or absence will lead to expulsion from further campus placement drives.
- Candidates getting job offers through their own are expected to inform the Placement Cell within two weeks of their appointments
- Students appearing for the campus placements drive should be in formal attire and should maintain dignity and conduct. Failing to do so may result in expulsion from the placement drive.